New south Wales Electoral Rolls 1842-2008
Find information about where your ancestors lived, their address and occupation by checking the New South Wales Electoral Rolls at the State Library of New South Wales. Electoral maps which show boundaries and names of electorates are available as well as a card index to electoral districts from 1859. These finding aids will help you find the electorate and family name you are searching for. The State Library has electoral rolls going back to 1842. These are available on microfiche and microfilm in the Family History centre lower ground 2 (Macquarie Street wing). Ask the Librarian at the Family History Desk for help in accessing the Electoral Rolls.
The Electoral Rolls are also accessible in the Family History Centre via Ancestry.com (Ancestry Library Edition database) for selected years.
Need help navigating a subject area? See our Research Guides for help including searching our Family History resources.
What a great community service, as well as a smart way to be an expert on the community!
6 Notes/ Hide
- plumploverblog reblogged this from librariesbuildcommunity
- plumploverblog likes this
- kinniska reblogged this from librariesbuildcommunity and added:
- kinniska likes this
- librariesbuildcommunity reblogged this from statelibrarynsw-familyhistory and added:
- imarram95 likes this
- statelibrarynsw-familyhistory posted this